Back in life

 

I don't even know why I sighed when I looked at the people running very fast like a mad rush. I run after goals, life and desire like a mango falling into a sweet bowl. I must have been like that in the past days.  After a few days of seeing the light of the world, which was a living proof of an unrelated mistake, he was left near the sos children's village and was handed over to the sos children's village on the intervention of the police.  As then, today there is only a vast disillusionment with attachment, an irreconcilable set of emotions.

It is sometimes thought that my life, which was tied to a series of strict disciplinary rules and regulations, attracted the attention of everyone in the orphanage because of my stubborn nature.  After passing my high school with high marks, I decided to leave Anuradhapura's remote rural areas when I was elected to the management faculty of Colombo University from the sos children's village.  It cannot be said that I came to Colombo only for the sake of success in life, as I did not try to live the life I inherited.  Because it was written in a corner of my mind that it was something I needed to spend time freely in the trapped life.  A mother, a father, a brother, but I still remember today when my life was full of loneliness.

I started my new life in an unfamiliar place at the University of Colombo with tears in my eyes.  On the second day of my arrival at the university, I met a sister who was as much a sister as my mother, due to some merit done by a previous soul.  From then on, not until the last day of the university, but until the present day, I sometimes think that the same friendship was distanced because she was like me.  As I came from sos children's village in Galle area, we were able to finish four years of studies easily with the help of NGO.

After four years of education, I completed my probationary period as an accounting assistant in the "AK group of companies" and gradually moved up the education level and became the chief secretary of the income tax department as a chartered accountant.  Seeing the end of a difficult period through the theater of my life, I am a happy Ananya and today I live a life as light as a wing.  My soulmate named Sitmi Soundarya works as a senior lecturer in the business studies department of the University of Colombo and half of our salary is donated for the children of SOS Children's Village.

My friend and I left all ties in our short-lived life and dedicated ourselves to social work by getting rid of ties because we both exemplified the impermanence of ties. "Let's go now, shall we?"  Reminiscing the past from the front of Colombo University, I turned back to my friend's voice, wiping the tears from my eyes and holding her hand, thinking how lucky I was to have such a kind friend.


Comments

Popular Posts