Unforgettable Memory

    

    Many memorable events in life teach us many things. Spring can be brought not only by "roberosia", but even with a white, bitter flower, wild sunflowers can also bring spring.

     A memorable event for me is one that I think I will never forget to map the rest of you.  I will never forget the date 2020.09.18. I was sitting in front of a computer at the Baddegama Vocational Training Institute and secretly played computerized chess for the teacher.

  I opened it thinking 'what the hell is this', because at that time I was waiting for the results of the second time and the results were less than a week away.  Because I had been selected for thrikunamala campus. In no corner of my mind I had any hope or desire to come to this university like this. I told the teacher and came out of the classroom and Mather gave me a phone call and told her all the details.  "Let's talk about this," Mather said, and

         I agreed and she put the phone aside. Because I appeared for the second time in the exam with the hope of getting a seat at the Sri Pali Campus of Colombo University.  What was done was that I have qualified the Sri Pali Mandap for the second time and therefore the registration will not be done at this time. Since I did not want to spend another year in vain, my mother has also expressed her consent to the university registration.  It was done. I had only one day to register for the university. I don't even remember how I did everything because it was very hectic.

    Even today, when I remember that day, I feel sad because in the second high-level examination that was given to me about a week later, I had obtained the results with such value that I qualified for the university of my dreams.  Because of my immediate decision, I was able to look at Nilaveli and remember the past, take refuge under Koneswaram, enjoy Nilaveli sea breeze.


Comments

Popular Posts