Wearing a black robe

" Did you start early today?" 

" Yes, why what would you do to me"

I'm not a stranger to hearing the chirping of chirping instead birdsong in the morning. It's strange if me don't hear chirping sounds that you used to hear on the day of my birth. I didn't look at the clock on the wall thinking that I'm going to be late today.me ran to the faucet while brushing his teeth. Ah, Kumarihami, is it still late today? He washed his hands and feet without looking at anyone's face while listening to the gossip of the women near the tap line.

While smiling, I was contemplating Kumarihami in this slum.


  I am. Nirvana da Silva is the result of a father's mistake. For that reason, the things I got were limited but the things I didn't get were unlimited. After thinking about these things, I came out of the wooden room, drank water from the kitchen, and when I came to the yard, which was about two feet away, my mother was picking flowers to touch the Buddha.    I left quickly and proceeded along the tarred road, hoping to take a bus over the Kelani bridge. There were loads of people who came to Colombo hoping to get on the bus and go to my workplace.No one would believe that the 24th district in the high school art section of Visakha and the one hundred and third in the island is going to work in a beauty salon in a bus on the road today.  So. I came to Peliyagoda without knowing it. I got off the bus and quickly went to the beauty salon. As soon as I got there, the heir of my blood, whom I don't want to see, came in front of me. Not alone, but with her legitimate daughter. She was a competitive girl who competed side by side in the same support class in the same Dhamma school, even though she was not in the same school.  Amadini Senanayake. Although the father is the same person, I lost my father's family name due to the fault of the mother's change. He was a businessman from Kelaniya area and left without looking at me when he came in front of my competitive eyes."I want to get a long layer cut" I called out and got ready to do that. This is my job. I can't lose him. Because I know very well how difficult it will be to find a job again if I lose him.  With difficulty controlling my emotions, I set her hair.  I set the hair and looked at it with envy. It is very difficult for me to imagine what reason I am jealous of her. But I was jealous of her. Seeing people enjoying the luxuries that I did not have made me more jealous of her. I don't know how fair it is, but I  She was always jealous, thinking it was normal human nature. When I got home at the end of my shift, I kept thinking about her and me.  I am working in a beauty shop in the city thanks to a free course conducted by Kelaniya Pradeshiya Sabha, but she passed her A-level with average passing and is studying her degree in NSBM University to help her father's livelihood. My monthly salary is very  Me and my mother, who are struggling to make ends meet, do not have enough money to pay for such a private educational institution. If I had entered the university on the basis of my A-level results, I would have been a second-year student of the Faculty of Law.  The dream of becoming a student started running through my veins. Finally, my decision was to qualify for external law entrance. I did not delay it for a single moment, 

"I want to do Low entrance."

I told my mother very firmly, 

"What was the madness that happened that time?"  "

Just got out of debt and started over? "

I will find money"  I looked at her while biting my toothpicks. 

"Where are you going to find money?  Is it possible to do so much?" 

To the scale of people's knowledge, to the social space, she only thinks about money. At this time, I think that the dream world I see is a fantasy. No one strengthens my thoughts. There are only those who break my heart. "live life" I said to myself at night.  I went to sleep fighting to stop the tears that were breaking the windows. After that, I left the workplace about an hour early and walked around the city of Kelaniya looking for information about the tutoring classes I needed. Again I went around the city and looked for an extra job to find the money needed to go to the tutoring class. Finally, accounts in a restaurant.  I found a job in making.I took care of everything by myself. I worked in the beauty salon from morning till evening and at the restaurant till night.  As I work, most of the time I come home by walking due to lack of bus and bus fare. Today is one of those days. I started walking from Paliyagoda to Kelaniya.  Most of the time was spent in the library since last day.

When my mind was running more and more over Visakha, I came home and engaged in art studies. Day by day, I was paralyzed with these activities. The sleep I got for about an hour was not enough.  It cannot be said that this is all. My mother, who always attacked my arrogance, supported me by encouraging me.

Today is the last day of four years. Why, today is the last day of physical and mental pain. Today is the last day to fill your stomach several times. Today is the last day to wash and wear the same clothes. Today is the day to fly from the slum of Kelani Ganga. It is impossible to say that this is so much.  Happiness is not only for me but also for my mother. Nirwanya de Silva as a Supreme Court lawyer at the swearing-in at the new shop court premises.  This is the end of many sufferings. Looking at the slum from the Kelani river bridge once again, after finishing the death of the past S, getting into my modern car and going to the new house. 

I am 

Nirvana de Silva

 (Nirvanya, which has only an unquenchable flame)

Comments

Popular Posts